The Tri the Cure benefits Bright Pink, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Funds raised helps enable Bright Pink to:
- Educate young women nationwide through our Little Bright Book Educational Booklet Series, Breast/Ovarian Health 101 Educational Workshops, Assess Your Risk tool, and community engagement initiatives.
- Support young women at high risk for breast and ovarian cancer through our PinkPal® One-on-One Peer Support Program, Experiential Outreach Groups, Peer Forum, employment, legal and financial resources, and national chapter and ally network.
- Empower young women (and the medical professionals who care for them) with the tools they need to be proactive through our Emerging Medical Professional Workshops, Underwire Alerts Breast Self-Awareness Text Message Reminders, and Empowered Patient Guides.
How to Fundraise
Fundraising for the Cure is really easy. You can collect pledges online, or you can round up gifts in person and send them directly to Bright Pink, or deliver them to representatives at the pre-race expo. Raise money individually or as a team by following the instructions below.
Online Visit the pledge page here. Then, look for athletes to pledge by using the "Search" box in the upper right hand corner.
- Collect donations in person! Make sure checks are made out to "Bright Pink" and the memo line details your last name and "Tri for the Cure 2014".
- Deliver your gifts to the Pre-Race Expo at Bicycle Village or mail them to:
c/o Brynn Draguesku
670 N. Clark Street, Suite 2
Chicago, IL 60654
August 3rd is the big day, but fundraising doesn’t have to end after you complete the triathlon! Pledging will continue until August 31st.